This funding is for councils at the earlier stages of kerbside organics rollout.
It supports activities such as:
- planning, collection and processing options assessment
- development of a business case.
For these pre-implementation activities we will fund:
- up to 50 per cent of project costs for an application from a single council
- up to 75 per cent of project costs where there is coordination and collaboration between multiple councils.
Our funding will be assessed on the basis of reasonable costs.
We welcome applications from councils for:
- collaborating with industry or community sector partners
- public/private partnerships such as commercial joint ventures.
For commercial joint venture projects, we will fund up to 50 per cent of the total proposed costs.
Co-funding requirements for collaborations involving the community and/or charitable sector will be considered on a case-by-case basis.