Education for sustainability- guidelines for schools and curriculum linked resources [The New Zealand Curriculum Online website].
Climate change learning programme - includes a teacher resource and wellbeing guide [The New Zealand Curriculum Online website].
Pūtātara - a sustainability and global citizenship resource to support schools and teachers to develop learning opportunities that are place-based, inquiry-led and focused on participation for change.
Action-based education programmes in English and Māori settings where young people plan, design and implement sustainability projects and become catalysts for change within their whānau, and wider New Zealand community.
Both programmes engage with children, young people and their communities through the formal education system of early childhood education centres, kura, and primary and secondary schools.
Find out more on the Toimata Foundation website.
Action-based education programmes focused on environmental awareness, care of the environment and leadership.
The Ministry for the Environment fund and co-develop BLAKE Inspire and BLAKE Inspire for teachers. These programmes are designed to support rangatahi and teachers develop as environmental leaders in their communities.
Find out about these and other programmes on the Blake website
- Science Learning Hub links New Zealand scientists with school students, teachers and community. There are environment education resources and teacher professional development webinars.
- NIWA – education resources and scientific data and tools for teachers and young people.
- Antarctica New Zealand website – ideas for studying Antarctica.
- Conservation education [Department of Conservation website] - curriculum linked activities and resources to support conservation teaching and learning.
- Up the Creek [Department of Conservation website] - a website journey about biodiversity in waterways and accompanying teaching resources.
- Kiwi Conservation Club website – stories and resources to connect children with New Zealand’s amazing wildlife and wild places.
- Whitebait Connection – a national education programme of experiential learning about freshwater conservation.
- Experiencing Marine Reserves – a national education programme of experiential learning about marine conservation.
- Zealandia – curriculum linked activities and resources for use in the classroom or early childhood centres.
- The Globe Programme - a primary and secondary school-based science and education programme focusing on the environment.
- Rangi – weather and climate lessons for teachers.
- Thin Ice: The inside story of climate science is an award-winning documentary produced by Oxford and Victoria universities in 2013. The website also includes resources produced by Victoria University in liaison with teachers which support the use of the film and unit standard criteria.
- Take action for climate change is a chance for children and rangatahi to have their say on future climate change action.