1. Check your project meets the funding criteria
The questions below do not cover all the funding criteria that will be considered, but if you answer NO to any of the questions your expression of interest is unlikely to progress further.
- Will your expression of interest be submitted on behalf of a legal entity?
- Does your project promote or achieve plastic waste minimisation?
- Does your project either:
- promote or achieve a new activity?
- involve a significant expansion in scope or coverage of existing activities?
- adopt, scale up or increase the uptake of existing technologies and innovation, developed in New Zealand or overseas?
- Is your project for a discrete timeframe of up to four years?
- Is the Plastics Innovation Fund the most suitable government funding source for your project?
- Is funding being contributed to the project from other sources (including the applicant)?
- Does your project meet the relevant minimum funding limit?
- The minimum grant available for feasibility or scoping studies will be $20,000.
- The minimum grant for other project types will be $50,000.
If you need more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Submit your expression of interest
Expressions of interest must be submitted through this portal link
- To access the portal you will need to use Chrome, Firefox or Edge as your web browser. and have your RealMe login ready. Guidance on using the portal.
3. Assessment stage
We will assess your expression of interest. We will prioritise projects which are most aligned with the gazetted criteria. We will regularly invite the most competitive projects to apply.
4. Application stage
Those invited to apply will then complete an in-depth application form and project plan. These documents form the basis of a Funding Deed.
5. Finalisation and kick-off
A final documentation approval occurs before due diligence, deed finalisation and project kick-off. From this point, milestones are reported and funding is provided throughout the duration of the project.