- The Online Learning Centre Ministry of Education’s website Te Kete Ipurangi]
- Information on environmental education guidelines for schools, curriculum resources and useful links
- Conservation Education [Department of Conservation website]
- Includes teaching resources
- Virtual field trip programme [LEARNZ website]
- Up the Creek [Biodiversity website]
- A website journey about biodiversity in waterways and teacher resources
- The Globe Programme
- A worldwide hands-on, primary- and secondary-school-based science and education program focusing on the environment [GLOBE website]
- Resources [Antarctica New Zealand website]
- Thin Ice: The inside story of climate science is an award winning documentary produced by Oxford and Victoria universities in 2013. The website also includes resources produced by Victoria University in liaison with teachers which support the use of the film and unit standard criteria.
- Kiwi Conservation Club website.
- Love Food Hate Waste has tips and recipes to help you reduce your food waste.
- Para Kore delivers education and training on marae to create behaviour change that aligns with the principles of a circular economy.
Your regional council may also have useful resources and programmes for environmental education.
An action-based education programme where young people plan, design and implement sustainability projects and become catalysts for change in their families, and within the wider New Zealand community. Enviroschools engages with children, young people and their communities through the formal education system of early childhood education (ECE) centres, primary and secondary schools.
Find out more on the Enviroschools website.