This report provides a stock take of the Urban Design Protocol and is part of a wider evaluation of the Protocol and its signatory action plans undertaken in 2009.
The survey evaluated the long-term outcomes of the Protocol for signatories and the Ministry and found that changes in behaviour and/or thinking have occurred in many organisations as a result of signing up to the Protocol. Attitudes towards urban design within signatory organisations are positive with:
- high levels of agreement regarding multi-disciplinary approaches
- strong support from senior management
- quality urban design being considered extremely important
- quality urban environments being a key priority within the organisation
- elected representatives strongly supporting urban design
- urban design champions being considered effective in their role of promoting urban design within their organisation.
The recommendations provided are forming part of the Ministry's ongoing development of the Protocol.
Publication reference number: CR 98
Taking stock of the urban design protocol and action plan monitoring
© Ministry for the Environment