We are currently consulting on:
- the implementation and transition of all farmers to the freshwater farm plan system
- proposed changes to the low slope map (stock exclusion regulations)
- proposed changes to intensive winter grazing regulations
- proposed amendments to natural wetland provisions in the National Policy Statement for Freshwater Management and National Environmental Standards for Freshwater.
The consultations are part of the Government’s Essential Freshwater Programme. The programme aims to restore and protect our rivers, lakes, streams and other freshwater bodies.
The submissions closing date for:
- farm plans, low slope map, and intensive winter grazing consultations is 7 October 2021
- natural wetland provisions consultation is 27 October 2021.